29th July - Locomotive Werks

For some reason I'm quite fond of train games, there's nothing in particular I like other than the theme. I guess the next step is a train set in the loft.

Locomotive Werks is about running a train factory and making sure you switch production to the right sized trains at the right time. It's quite good but the presentation makes it feel very dry. It does need to be played quickly or else it can drag, this isn't too much of a problem as the decisions are straight forward and the maths involved basic (but I obviously need to improve my basic maths!). It's one of those games where you need to know the game quite well to prevent a runaway winner, it's possible to stop them but you need to know how to do it, the game wont do it for you.

Matt 334, Jo 235, Steve 130, Garry 98, Paul 78

No comments: